Friday, August 31, 2007

Still waiting .....

God is good. No matter if it seems like we are not getting what we want or not He IS Good. The orphanage continues to check on our file and still nothing has happened. I spoke to the orphanage director last night. She is going to be checking with the US Consulate to see what they need to process Michael's visa. Hopefully, that way once we get Michael's passport we will be able to get his visa guicker. Thank you for continuing to pray for Michael and for us.

We had a very busy, good time at my dad's family reunion last week. Here are some pictures of my kids at the party. You may notice that Matthew looks wet, that is because he had lots of fun running around in the rain.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Happy 2nd Birthday Michael

Michael is two years old today. So I am posting some new pictures of him for everybody to enjoy.
The orphanage did not suffer any serious damage from the hurricane and the orphanage director was released from the hospital yesterday. Praise the Lord for His goodness and mercy. Still no word on Michael's passport. His arms and legs look terrible from the rash, but they say it is getting better. Please continue to pray as we serve a Mighty God who is able to do more than we ask or think.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Still nothing

Well, we received word this morning that they did not sign out our file on Tuesday. Yesterday was a holiday, so the guy from the orphanage was going this afternoon to see if the files were ready yet. Continue to pray for this passport. We also got word this week from the US Consulate in Port-au-Prince that they need some paperwork and interviews to be completed in order to issue his visa, but that they are backlogged and it may take some time. They asked that we have our orphanage contact them to coordinate getting them what they need, but I am having difficulty making contact with the orphanage. I did find out today that the director has been diarnosed with malaria so please pray for her also as she has so much to do.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Please Pray

If you read this today, please pray that MOI will sign out our file so that Michael's passport can be printed. MOI has promised that our orphanages files will be signed out today. Pray that they actually do sign out the files. Also pray that we keep our focus on God and trust Him through the rest of this process.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

A Promise

Well, we received word from the orphanage today that MOI has promised to sign out our file "very soon". The US consulate is also involved so we are hoping that something actually happens soon. Michael's medicine seems to be helping his rash, so please continue to pray for that as well. We are hoping that once MOI signs us out we should have his passport in hand within about a week and then shortly thereafter he will have to go for his medical exam for his visa. We need the rash to be cleared up before his medical exam so that they don't make us wait for it to clear up before granting his visa. We serve a mighty powerful God and He is in complete control of this situation. Pray to Him for something to happen soon and for Him to grant us peace as we continue to wait. We have been waiting for 18 months now and it is very difficult to stay positive at times.

Friday, August 10, 2007

Doctors Report

I spoke with our orphanage director yesterday. It was the first time I have contacted them on their Skype phone. Everything on that phone is delayed, so it took some patience to carry on a conversation. The director said that the doctor does not feel that Michael's rash is anything serious. She prescribed some ointment and some antibiotics and feels it should clear up with that medication. The pharmacy did not have the medication when they stopped on the way home from the doctor on Wednesday, but they were able to get the medications yesterday.
She also informed me that her assistant was meeting with the MOI (Haitian immigration) director yesterday afternoon. He was asked by the director to bring copies of all the files that are currently in MOI from the orphanage. The director of MOI said he would check on each file individually. We are still waiting to hear the result of this meeting and praying that some progress was made. Thanks for your continued prayers. God is good and we are trusting Him to bring Michael home safely.

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Michael Update

Well, as soon as I finished the last post, I got an email from the orphanage director. No word on his passport yet. But the rash he had before that they thought was chickenpox is back again. He has scratched some of the spots and they have gotten infected. He goes to the pediatrician tomorrow. They tried some medicine Sunday and yesterday it was all cleared up, but it was back again this morning. Please pray that they will be able to treat this and it won't cause him any problems.

Baby Update

Well, I am at 32 weeks today and we have approximately 8 weeks till we meet our littlest boy. I went to the Dr. this morning and she says everything is looking good. I have gained a whole 11 pounds. This pregnancy has been such an extreme answer to prayer. We have prayed for this baby for 5 years and God finally saw fit to grant our desires. Despite the aches and fatigue, etc. I am so pleased to be carrying this child. We thought that finding out we were pregnant at 4 weeks would make this pregnancy drag by. We didn't find out about Matthew until I was 9 weeks pregnant and the time went by so slowly. This time, the time has flown by.

No news on Michael, but I will post as soon as I hear anything. I emailed our orphanage to find out if they have heard anything, so hopefully we'll hear something soon.