Thursday, June 19, 2008

First Night

Well, it took a little bit to get Michael to stay in bed. I ended up getting out a playpen and using that. It did not contain him though. The first time we put him in it, he climbed out shortly after we walked away. He was scared of the stuffed monkeys hanging from the curtain rod, so I took them down. Then he was afraid of the stuffed animals on the net in the corner, so I covered them with a towel. I finally had to lay on the floor next to the playpen. He then laid down and was asleep within a minute. I waited a few minutes before leaving the room. He slept 12 hours!!!!!!!!! So did the Matthew and Alisha. Kevin slept pretty good. He got about 8 or 9 hours. So it was very nice to get some sleep. When Michael woke up, he climbed out of the playpen and walked out to me in the living room. He had wet through so his shirt was soaked and he was freezing. He refused to wear the long pajamas and socks that I had on him last night. So he slept in a t-shirt and a diaper.
We are having a good morning so far. He is still scared of the cats, but he is starting to call us by name. He knows Kevin and is calling Aaron, papa and me, mama. More pictures will come later today.

No comments: