Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Some Firsts & Some Pics

I went for my first bike ride with four kids by myself yesterday. Wow! I was so tired at the end. Matthew & Alisha rode their bikes. I had Kevin in a baby carrier on my chest and my Michael in the bike trailer. I tried to keep a hat on Kevin to protect his fair little head, but... He had other ideas and threw the hat on the ground in the middle of the first street that we crossed. Luckily, it wasn't a busy street and there was a stop sign so it wasn't too big of a deal to stop and pick it up.
The kids are loving the chance to swim in the pool (thanks to some friends from church that gave us the pool and my in-laws for buying us a new liner for it) and playing in the sandbox. I think they are all glad that Mommy is home for the summer.
Michael loves to sing. He knows quite a few songs in English so it helps us connect when we sing together. He loves singing: ABC's, Jesus Loves Me, Deep & Wide, God is so Good, and B-I-N-G-O. Today we walked down the street and the kids played with some of our neighbors. It is cool because this family that we visited with goes to another local church and shares our beliefs. That is very important for me to have other kids for my kids to play with that are being taught the same things. Plus we both have four kids. They have a boy six weeks older than Matthew, a boy about six weeks older than Michael, and a baby girl that is about 5 weeks younger than Kevin. Their other daughter is older than Matthew, but Alisha loves playing with her.
Michael is really starting to adjust more and more to being in our family. He is starting to go to bed on his own (Praise the Lord!). Naps are still a trial, but the nighttime is getting better which is a true blessing. He climbed in bed on his own for the first time when we told him last night and he didn't get out until just before 7am. Not bad.
Oh, and I just want to share that my wonderful husband and I celebrated 8 wonderful years of marriage yesterday. It is so cool that God gave me a husband that was willing to go with me on this crazy adoption journey and has been so supportive of our family. Thank you Lord for providing the right husband and father for my family.

No comments: