Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A little piece of my heart…

I just wanted to share a little piece of my heart today. Aaron and I have faced a number of trials over the almost 8 years that we have been married. We have had times where Aaron didn’t have a job. We were told that our baby most likely had Down’s Syndrome when we were expecting Matthew. After Matthew was born, we faced secondary infertility. Then there was Alisha’s adoption. Although she came to us quickly, the birthmother changed her mind several times. Then we lost a baby through an ectopic pregnancy. Then we started fertility treatments and shortly thereafter started our second adoption. It took a full year of fertility treatments before Kevin was conceived. It has been 27 months since we started Michael’s adoption. And on top of that, I have a very stressful job.
However, God IS Awesome. He has taught me so much over the past several years.
1.) I cannot do anything through my own strength. But God is strong enough to do all things according to His will.
2.) My timing is not always God’s timing. But even if we don’t ever get to see why, He does know what is best. (i.e. – had we gotten pregnant right away after Matthew, maybe we never would have adopted and then we would have missed out)
3.) I have learned that God is God no matter where I am or what I am going through. And because He is God, I should praise Him. We should all praise Him in the good times and the bad times (even though that is very hard to do at times).
4.) When God asks us “to jump”, we just need to say “how high”. God will not let you jump too high. He is higher than we can jump and He will not let us fall. Sometimes it feels like I am falling fast and the ground is quickly approaching. But I have learned at those times to cry out to God to catch me, because I can’t do anything about it but trust in Him.
5.) No matter how you “feel”, God is with you and He is in control.

No comments: