Thursday, February 28, 2008

God Is In Control

“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” (2 Timothy 1:7)
Well, things are still very frustrating with the adoption. I finally spoke with the orphanage director on Tuesday evening. She said there isn't anything they can do. She said that it is possible to hire a different lawyer that may be able to get our file through, but otherwise it is just stuck in the system and they can't do anything until the system releases it. FRUSTRATING! That is the word of the week for me. So at this point, we are waiting to hear back from the orphanage as to whether this other lawyer they know of will take on our case and how much he will charge. We don't have the money for it at all. So please pray that God will once again show himself faithful and provide the exact amount that we need for hiring this new lawyer. Lately, I find myself leaning on the scriptures more and more and when I saw that verse as the verse of the day today, I had to start my post with it. Now if only I could always live out the truths of the scriptures and grasp firmly to the promises of God. Thank you for your continued prayers.

No comments: