Friday, February 8, 2008

Up and Down, Back and Forth

Well, it seems that this whole winter has been a roller coaster ride of ups and downs and back and forths. The adoption has seemed to be almost done and then it seems so far backwards. Some days I feel like I am really trusting God and things are okay. Then some days, I just feel like falling on my face and begging God to please stop this madness and allow my son to come home. I watch other families adopting from Haiti that started after us and are already celebrating with their children at home and I just want to scream or cry. Sometimes the emotions get so overwhelming that I don't know whether I feel like crying, screaming, or just plain running away. Of course, none of those options would do any good. Although sometimes, I think I do need to cry to let some of the emotions be released. God is good! Please don't ever doubt that God is LOVE and that He is in control of the situation that my family is in. I may never know on earth what God's purpose is in allowing our adoption to take so long, but I pray that no matter what God would be glorified.
The weather here in Michigan seems to following my emotions. We have gone from quite a bit of snow, to rain that washes away all the snow, to big swamps in our yards, to ice, to quite a bit of snow, to rain, to snow, etc. The snow is absolutley beautiful. Praise God for allowing us to enjoy His beautiful creation.
Please remember to pray this week as the government offices in Haiti open back up after being closed for Karnival. We are so close to the end of this adoption and yet it seems at times so far. Please pray for us to have peace in this difficult and stressful time.

No comments: