Sunday, January 20, 2008

A friend's thoughts

A friend of mine that is adopting from our orphanage writes a prayer list for our orphanage group each week and each week she shares a scripture verse or verses. This week she put parts of Psalm 34 (multiple verses) “I will extol the Lord at all times; His praise will always be on my lips. My soul will boast in the Lord; let the afflicted hear and rejoice. Glorify the Lord with me; let exalt His name together. I sought the Lord and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears…The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him, and He delivers them. Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him…The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and His ears are attentive to their cry…The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; He delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit…” Then on her blog she shared the following thoughts about the passage and they so closely mirror my own thoughts and feelings that I wanted to share her thoughts here. "I thought it was fitting for multiple reasons. One is the resounding theme in my life right now to "praise God anyway" and this passage definitely covers that. Another thing I found fitting is that I feel "afflicted" in this adoption process. I love that it says the Lord is attentive to my cry and that He "saves those who are crushed in spirit." I am definitely brokenhearted and crushed in spirit. In retrospect, maybe it's not such a bad place to be. This passage says that God is good and that He works in those situations. I say, "Go for it, God!""

No comments: