Friday, January 18, 2008

Well...

the week has ended. No adoption news. I read my friends blog and she described how she feels like laying on the floor and kicking and screaming, but knows that it would do no good. Boy did it sound tempting. It was an awful day. I had a student scream at me, tell me that she hated me, and that I was stupid all because I had "the nerve" to mark her tardy when she was late to class. She actually looked at me and said "I was just outside the door", well, then you weren't in the room, were you? I had another student tell me that I was just reviewing for the exam because I "forgot to prepare for class". I had so many students late and absent that it took five minutes each hour to list their names on my attendance sheet. This was all after having a parent show up for after school tutoring yesterday. Yes. A parent. She wanted me to teach her how to do the math so she could help her daughter. Good concept. Bad timing. She tried to manipulate my time when I had about fifteen other students there that needed help for their exams next week. So the bad day today was even more frustrating to me. But God knew before it all happened that I was going to need some time to focus on Him. After dinner tonight, I went to a "Call to Worship" ladies meeting at church. It was set up like a coffee house thing. There was catered coffeee (yes catered coffee, I had never heard of that before) and pastries. Then there was a time of praise music. It was such an uplifting time and I loved spending time praising my Lord. I took the baby with me, but he slept through the whole thing. I woke him up at the very end so I could change his diaper before I left.

No comments: